Thursday, July 12, 2012

Coloring partial images.

Hello and welcome!
Kristie here today to share a card
I made with
"Butterfly and Sunflower" (#20801)
I wanted to do something a little different with this card and decided that I would do this technique where you only color part of the image.
I stamped the image onto a piece of white cardstock cut to a strip smaller than the image.
I colored the image with FlexMarkers.
I then stamped the image onto the peach colored cardstock and adhered the colored image over it to line up exactly.
I think it could be a much more dramatic look with a narrower strip of white, but I wanted to have the entire butterfly colored.
Next time I will probably use a taller image that will have more uncolored on the background cardstock.
The ribbon I used is some lovely satin ribbon from May Arts.
I'm pretty pleased with how this card turned out.
Why not pop into the Eureka! Stamps site and see what images you might want to use this technique with?
Thanks for stopping today, leave a comment if you will
and come again soon.
Be sure to stop in to my blog, Kristie Kreates and see what other things I've been working on.

1 comment:

  1. Your card is just beautiful!! I LOVE your image and your bow!! I'm looking forward to working with you!!

    ReplyDelete